Establishing a Business Improvement District – our proposal
Warkworth is changing rapidly with the population expected to explode over the next 20 years and land being developed at a rate of knots. These changes will generate more challenges and opportunities.
One Warkworth needs financial stability to continue supporting the local business community through these changes; to continue helping grow the local economy; and to keep lobbying for appropriate infrastructure.
We have made great progress over the last three years with the support of 23 loyal sponsors who contribute about 70 percent of the money used to get things done for the business community. The remaining 30 percent of our funding comes from voluntary membership fees.
This is a high risk model. We need a more efficient and fairer way of funding the work we do – a model where everyone who benefits contributes.
The One Warkworth committee has unanimously agreed that forming a Business Improvement District (BID) is the fairest way to achieve this.